Why Morning Star?

I looked out the window this morning and a gorgeous winter sunrise greeted me. The bare tree branches were still enveloped in darkness, tips of the horizon were a burnt orange, and the moon was a silver crescent, hanging delicately still.

I was never much of a sunrise "gazer". I prefer the deep lavendars of a sunset and the hush of the earth as another day ends. However, a friend changed my mind and the sunrise is beautiful in its promise of a new day, new beginnings, and new hope.

The impetus to share a bit of my soul has long been on my mind. Yet, surfing through thousands of blogs and walking through aisles of books effectively extinguished this thought. However, God has a great sense of humor (that is why having Him as the center of my life is so awesome!) and so I commence this journey with Him, with you, and with myself.

A title is important.
Why "Morning Star?"
Let this poem speak for me.

She was a young woman.
A good man loved her.
A baby almost destroyed their relationship.

She was from a small town.
She had no extraordinary talents.
Hers was a typical name.

She carried dreams in her heart.
She cooked, cleaned, and watched the sun go down.
Many of her town would say she was of average beauty.

She was known as mother and widow.
She had moments of intense intimacy with God.
Hers were long years of daily responsibilities.

For some, she is a doctrine.
For most, she is beautiful and far away.
For me, she is the Morning Star.

Mary, sweet Mother of Jesus,
we meet not when I was a child
we meet not when I made vows as a nun.

Mary, star that announces the morn,
our lives touched when I first discovered love
and with love, truth.

It is time for me to share you with the world.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life with Ashes

To Die

Kippah