Ocean

What do you do when
1. you have a camping trip to put together
2. your spouse is fired
3. your 3-year-old son is diagnosed with -17 myopia (-20 is blind)

all in the same week?
Give a Cricut. (pronounced cricket)

"Oh, how fun!" one flight attendant crooned.
"I'll hold this for you," another mischievously hinted to me.

I opened the box.
The personal electronic cutting machine was a scrapbooker's dream.
Thousands of shapes and fonts in any imaginable size.

I had made Ocean return the Cricut last year.
He tried to convince me it would be helpful in my business of baiting youth for Christ.
I shook my head.
It was too expensive.

My brother was a man of few words.
And magnanimous gestures.
He re-appeared with the Cricut this year.

My father had named him for the wide blue waters that brought life to his homeland.
Ocean had never seen Vietnam, being born here in the States.

Few would doubt the deepness of his heart mirrored the Pacific.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life with Ashes

To Die

Kippah