Passion Roses

Buying roses is such a headache.
At least I am not buying it for a human beloved.

It's the Feast of Our Lady of Carmel.
Everyone knows Mary nor Jesus need these blooms in the chapel.
Its beauty is for our spiritual banquet.

It was a good day at Kroger's floral department.
After 15 minutes, I had a bouquet of Freedom Red.
Attached was a tag with a website link.
Congratulations! You've just purchased Passion Roses!


Every rose is different.
Each with varying bloom shapes, longevity, and scent.
The more fragrant a rose, the shorter the vase life.
Roses and people are both 85% water.

The sisters like best the roses that blooms slowly, opening all the way until the center is exposed.
Now I can tell them that roses and people are alike.
I can't find the same bouquet that I found a year ago.

And it is wonderful that I don't.

ps. http://www.passiongrowers.com/web/ot/rose.asp
ps2. Just as behind every gray veil, you will find a different life story.
ps3. Photo is of Bishop James of Springfield-Cape Girardeau offering Mass in our convent chapel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life with Ashes

To Die

Kippah