Her

When I think about "her", it is her.
I've never met her and yet I know she is the closest one to me.
I imagine she has long black curls and a firm grip
for both Rose and I have a good handshake for being girls.

Rose is my only
and youngest sister
She would've been my older sister
I like to think
for I already have two older brothers

I will have to wait
when I get to the other side
to meet her

Always I know
she is the closest one to me
miscarriaged at three months

It's November, you see
when nature gets ready to go to sleep
and the Catholic Church
honors all the dead

For we believe
they are closer to us
watching over us
in timeless contact with Truth

I've given her a name
that she knows
and I know
for she is the closest one to me
three months after the miscarriage
was me.

In honor of my sibling I never got a chance to meet and whom I shall meet. I enjoy everything doubly more because I was given the gift of life!

ps. Photo of me at Thiếu Nhi Thánh Thể Camp for Hiệp Sĩ in Loyd Park, Grand Prairie the past weekend. Can you believe one of the youth made Egg Benedict with an iron skillet and charcoal fire?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life with Ashes

To Die

Kippah